2012 Blisters for Sisters®
Blisters for Sisters®(BFS) is a marathon / half marathon / relay training and fundraising program for runners and walkers to benefit the poor, sick and elderly patients of Dominican Sisters Home Health Agency.
Join the fun!
Training Program Sponsors:
Coach Maureen Roben
Owner of Run Strong, a Denver-based running club
Lisa Bradford, PT, DPT
Owner of Ascent Therapy Clinics
As BFS registrants you’re invited to Terrific Track Workouts with Coach Maureen!
- Tuesday evenings (beginning in the first week of March) and starting at 5:45 p.m. and located at West Middle School at Belleview and Holly (and close to the Belleview west exit off of I-25).
- Wednesday mornings starting at 9 a.m. at the All City Stadium located just south of Denver South High School at 1450 South Franklin Street, Denver.
An option for intermediate to advanced BFS half marathoners
Coach Maureen Roben’s 10th Annual Platte River Half Marathon
April 15th 2012 starting at 9:00 a.m.
Marathon, Half Marathon main race options (plus a 10 miler and relay)
for 2012 Blisters for Sisters® include the following races in May and June, 2012:
Colorado Colfax Full/Half Marathon/*Relay/*New 10 Miler (runners only) May 20th
31st Annual Steamboat Full/Half Marathon June 3rd
Estes Park Full/Half Marathon June 17th
$80 rate for marathoners & half marathon runners/walkers, 10 miler and individual relay racers.
$40 special rate for students and those with special circumstances.
|*****please note that the registration fee for the Blisters for Sisters® training program for runners and walkers is separate from the race entry fees.
Minimum $1,000 (or more!) to benefit the poor, sick and elderly patients of Dominican Sisters Home Health Agency.
Minimum $1,500 goal per relay team ($300 goal per relay runner).
Benefits of Participation (once registered):
- Participation in two training clinics with Coach Maureen and Lisa Bradford, PT, DPT
- Beginner and intermediate half marathon training schedules and walk schedules (also for the half marathon) with training dates geared for the Colorado Colfax Half Marathon on May 20th, 2012.
- Marathon training schedules available upon registration and upon request.
- Participation in FREE weekly track training sessions with Coach Maureen Roben with Run Strong (please refer to Terrific Track Workouts above).
- Monthly newsletters from Lisa and the Ascent Therapy Clinics team over the course of the main training period with tips on injury prevention, proper exercise and technique and basic rehab. Monthly emails from Coach Maureen Roben.
- Free on-line consultation on an individual basis (when a specific question needs to be addressed) - offered by Coach Maureen Roben and Lisa Bradford, PT, DPT.
- Eligibility for a 20% discount for any services offered by Ascent Therapy Clinics including physical therapy treatment or fitness programs during the course of the training program
- Blisters for Sisters® t-shirt!
- NEW incentive prizes for runners/walkers as your individual fundraising levels are reached;
- $300, $1,000, $1,500 and $2,000 and above!
- Facilitated fundraising training by the Dominican Sisters’ staff that will provide you with easy and simplified fundraising tools including support with setting up your own personalized fundraising page/website page to share with your friends, family and colleagues. This list goes on! We provide sample letters and emails, as well as remittance envelopes.
- You have the support and on-going motivation of being part of a team to help you get to your goal of successfully completing a marathon or half marathon, or the new Colfax 10 miler or relay!
If you need additional information about this training and fundraising program, please contact Eva Potter and BFS staff members by phone at 303.322.1413, ext. 16, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact Coach Maureen Roben and owner of Run Strong, a Denver-based running club, at: email@example.com.
You can contact Lisa Bradford, PT, DPT and owner of Ascent Therapy Clinics at firstname.lastname@example.org.