A Great Volunteer Experience
You don’t have to travel to India, Africa or Guatemala to find a great “missionary” experience. Our Agency provides FREE nursing care and services to the poor, sick and elderly – right here in Metro Denver.
Want to be appreciated for your talent, time, effort and sense of duty to this community? You’re not alone! Dominican Sisters Home Health Agency truly appreciates each and every one of our volunteers. We know that we can’t do all that is required to carry out our mission without volunteers – and we are grateful for your assistance.
In 2012, we had over 242 volunteers who gave nearly 4,500 hours of service. We have volunteer assignments in diverse areas – from board service to events, data entry to landscaping, envelope stuffing to being a friendly visitor for a patient, office work to committee service, baking pies for Thanksgiving meals to wrapping Christmas presents for our patients.
Do you wish to give of your talents to a worthy and fulfilling cause? Dominican Sisters Home Health Agency is that worthy cause! Helping humankind…helping our community…helping a neighbor…helping our poor, sick and elderly patients. What a great cause!
Here are some of the many ways you can help us help our patients!
- Groups, community organizations and corporations looking for rewarding opportunities to serve the community or a team building endeavor!
- Students who need internships in these areas—nursing, health administration, pastoral, pharmacy, marketing, business or nonprofit management.
- High school students who need to complete community service hours.
- Individuals can volunteer at the agency on a one-time or regular basis to do whatever you like the most – filing, mowing, plumbing, painting, fixing, event planning, gardening – even serve on our board of directors…we always have something that needs to be done and we’d love to have your help!
- Tradesmen who want to assist in improving and maintaining our buildings and property—painting, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
- Registered Nurses are always needed as volunteer staff for our weekly Wellness Clinics in low income housing for seniors.
- Be part of the Friendly-Visitor team—we provide the necessary training for you to brighten the day of an elderly or homebound patient.
- Runners/Walkers - Blisters for Sisters® is a distance running/walking and fundraising program for intermediate to experienced participants. Choose your race and your distance. For more information, please contact Eva at email@example.com.
- Volunteers are always needed for Sister’s Teas; assisting in the preparation and services for our donors and friends of the Agency throughout the year.
- Host a party and invite your friends to get to know this 89 year old Denver charity.
- Join our Church and Business Outreach Program and assist us with meetings, written requests and telephone follow-up calls to encourage community partnership with churches of all denominations.
(We currently do not have volunteer opportunities available for individuals who have not yet completed 8th grade unless they are accompanied by an adult).
Interested in Becoming a Volunteer? Submit a Volunteer Application
For more information call Carol at 303-322-1413 ext. 17.